Journal of Intelligent & Cognitive Computing (JICC) Guide for Authors
Before you begin:
- All articles submitted to JICC are checked by the editorial office for conformance to instructions specified below. Non-conforming manuscripts will be returned to authors.
- The journal's language is English. British English or American English spelling and terminology may be used. Please write your text in good English (American or British usage is accepted, but not a mixture of these).We appreciate any efforts that you make to ensure that the language is corrected before submission. This will greatly improve the legibility of your paper if English is not your first language.
- By submitting an article, you ensure that your work has not been published previously except in the form of a conference abstract or as part of a published lecture or thesis for an academic qualification. This implies that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and its publication is approved by all authors and responsible authorities where the work was carried out. It is highly important that if an acceptance if offered, your work will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, including electronically without the written consent of the Kerman Graduate University of Advanced Technology as the copyright-holder. Authors should not submit the same manuscript, in the same or different languages, simultaneously to more than one journal.
- Submission to this journal occurs online and you will be guided step by step through the creation and uploading of your files. Please read these instructions carefully and follow them closely to ensure that the review and publication of your article is as efficient and quick as possible. The Editorial Office reserve the rights to return manuscripts that are not in accordance with these instructions. Once you have prepared your manuscript according to the instructions below, then you can submit your work via register at http://jicc.kgut.ac.ir.
- Authors are responsible for the content of the article.
- Editors are free to make the final decision on whether to accept or reject a particular manuscript.
- Manuscripts will be subject to a peer-review and when the approval of the editorial is obtained, it will be published with respect to time.
- During the online submission procedure, authors are asked to provide: a) the name, affiliation, postal address, email address, telephone or fax number of the corresponding author who is responsible for negotiations concerning the manuscript; b) first and last name, email address and affiliation are also required for all contributing authors. Only those authors that their complete information has been submitted will be named in articles' homepage once accepted. Once the manuscript is submitted, all contributing authors will receive an acknowledgement receipt. Authors can check their manuscripts status via the online system.
Manuscript File Format
Acceptable manuscripts' file formats include Microsoft Word 2007 and should be typewritten with a font Times New Roman of 11 pt, leaving adequate margins on all sides to allow reviewers' remarks. Do not submit your manuscripts in PDF format. The article should be submitted as a two files:
1)- Title Page
The title page should contain the following components:
- Manuscript Title: please keep it as precise and concise as possible and ensure it reflects the subject matter
- Running title
- Corresponding author's name, qualification, affiliation, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Each author's name, affiliation and qualifications
- Two suggested reviewers (name, e-mail, affiliation and telephone number)
2)- Manuscript main file (without authors name)
The manuscript should follow through sections: Title, Abstract (no less than 50 words, no more than 300 words, should not contain any undefined abbreviations or references), Keywords (for indexing purposes, should include 3 to 6 keywords), Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgment (if required), References.
- Tables and Figures should be placed within the main manuscript and not be uploaded separately.
- Please avoid notes and foot prints.
- Use only standard abbreviations; use of nonstandard abbreviations can be confusing to readers. Avoid abbreviations in the title of the manuscript. The spelled-out abbreviation followed by the abbreviation in parenthesis should be used on first mention unless the abbreviation is a standard unit of measurement.
- All photographs, graphs and diagrams should be referred to as a 'Figure' and they should be numbered consecutively (1, 2, etc.). Please number any figures (charts, graphs, and illustrations) in the order of their citation in the text. Multipart figures ought to be labeled with lower case letters (a, b, etc.). Please insert keys and scale bars directly in the figures. Provide a detailed legend (without abbreviations) to each figure.. All figures should have a brief but concise title. If a figure has been published earlier, acknowledge the original source and submit written permission from the copyright holder to reproduce the material. Figures must be of adequate quality for peer review and editorial assessment.
- Please number tables in the order of their citation in the text. Each table should be numbered consecutively (1, 2, etc.). All tables should have a brief but comprehensive title. Include all tables within your main manuscript and do not submit them separately. Please ensure that the data presented in tables do not duplicate results described elsewhere in the article., Please provide a caption (without abbreviations) to each table.
- The same data should not be presented simultaneously in tables and figures.
Authors will be asked, upon acceptance of an article, to transfer copyright of the article to the Publisher. This will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information under copyright laws.
- The submitted materials may be considered for inclusion but can not be returned.
Editors of the Journal reserve the right to accept, reject and edit any article in any stage, if necessary. The sole responsibility for the whole contents if the article remains only with the authors.
Authors are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of their references and for correct text citations. Please ensure that every reference cited in the text is also present in the reference list (and vice versa). In the text refer to the authors' name (without initials) and year of publication (e. g. Williams, 2004). For three or more autours use the first autour followed by "et al.," in the last. The list of references at the end of the manuscript should be arranged alphabetically authors' names and chronologically per author. Vancouver citation style must be applied for all manuscripts.
1)Example of citation to Book:
Lodish H, Baltimore D, Berk A, Zipursky SL, Matsudaira P, Darnell J. Molecular cell biology. 3rd ed. New York: Scientific American; 1995.
2)Example of citation to Journal Articles:
Fauci AS, Braunwald E, Lesselbacher KJ, Wilson JD. Early life events in allergic sensatation. Br Med Bull 2000; 56(4): 883-93.
3)Example of citation to a Chapter:
Poter RJ, Meldrum BS, Antiepileptic drugs. In: Katzung BG, editor. Clinical pharmacology. 6th ed. Norwalk, CN: appleton and Lange; 1995. P 361-80.
4)Example of citation to Theses and dissertations:
Bakhsheshi R. Isolation and identification of chemolithotroph acidophilic bacteria of Qotoursou spring in Ardebil province [Dissertation]. Tehran: Shahid Beheshti Uni.; 2006.
5)Example of citation to Conference paper:
Bengtsson S, Solheim BG. Enforcement of data Protection, Privacy and Security in Medical Informatics. In: Lun KC, Degoulet P, Piemme TE and Rienhoff O, editors. MEDINFO 92. Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Medical Informatics; 1992 Sep 6-10; Geneva, Switzerland. Amsterdam: North-Holland; 1992. P. 1561-5.
6)Example of citation to Document in Internet Site
Hoffman DL. St John’s Wort. 1995; [4 screens]. Available at: URL:http://www.healty.net/library/books/hoffman/materiamedica/stjohns.htm. Accessed July 16, 1998.
How to Work in Online System (http://jicc.kgut.ac.ir):
- Register in the system by completing registration form.
- Get password by your email.
- Login with your username and password.
- Click on Submit Paper or Author button, you can see your homepage.
- To submit an article, click on Submit a New Manuscript (to complete all the submission steps are required except Additional Comments and Cover Letter & Checklist, so upload your main text file (*.Doc, *.Docx), then Click on submit manuscript. (If they comply with all the terms and conditions, it is possible to submit. Otherwise , it will not enable the Submit button.)
If your submission is reviewed and initial acceptance, You will be asked to remove relevant problems in a limited time and submit a new version. To do this, login the system and in the author's homepage, select Submissions Needing Revision to revise paper. Do desired reforms and then delete the previous file and upload a new file.
For further information, please contact the Editorial Office through:
Copyright©2016 Journal of Intelligent & Cognitive Computing