Before you begin:
- All articles submitted to JICC are checked by the editorial office for conformance to the instructions specified below. Non-conforming manuscripts will be returned to authors.
- JICC has no publication charge.
- JICC's language is English. British English or American English spelling and terminology may be used. Please write your text in good English (American or British usage is accepted, but not a mixture of these). We appreciate any efforts that you make to ensure that the language is corrected before submission. This will greatly improve the legibility of your paper if English is not your first language.
- Authors are fully responsible for the content of their articles.
- Manuscripts will be subject to a peer-review process. Editors are free to make the final decision on whether to accept, reject, or edit a particular manuscript at any stage, if necessary. The manuscript will be sent for final publishing once it receives the approval of the editor-in-chief. Editors of the Journal reserve the right to accept, reject any article.
- During the online submission procedure, authors will be asked to provide:
- The name, affiliation, postal address, email address, telephone, or fax number of the corresponding author who is responsible for communication concerning the manuscript;
- The first and last name, email address, and affiliation are also required for all contributing authors. Only those authors whose complete information has been submitted will be named on the articles' homepage once accepted.
- At least two suggested reviewers (name, e-mail, affiliation, and telephone number, reason for choosing them)
Once the manuscript is submitted, all contributing authors will receive an acknowledgment receipt. Authors can check the status of their manuscripts via the online system.
Initial Paper Submission:
Authors may follow the below basic requirements for their initial submission:
- Initial submission may also be single columns, 1.5 line spacing, 1-inch margin on each side, and Time-New Roman font size 12 format.
- Keep the abstract to a maximum of 250 words.
- The title should fit at most on two lines (maximum 75 characters, including spaces).
- An asterisk should identify the corresponding author.
- Each table should be accompanied by a short title sentence describing what the table shows. Further details can be included as footnotes to the table.
- Figures and tables should be embedded in the manuscript, preferably at the top or bottom of the page where they are discussed.
- A separate cover letter should include the following:
- List of novelties and their significance
- Explanation on why it is relevant to JICC focus
- A list of at least three suggested expert reviewers, including their title, full name, affiliation, position, email address, and reason for choosing them.
Manuscript Final File Format:
- All manuscripts should be in double-column format, keep 1-inch margins on each side, and have an abstract with 150-250 words. Templates are prepared to help with the manuscript preparation process in either Latex or Microsoft Word 2010 (or later). More instructions/guidelines on manuscript preparation can be found in these templates. Both source and PDF files should be submitted.
- The manuscript DOCX file template is here.
- The manuscript LATEX file template is here.
- By submitting an article, you confirm that your work has not been published previously except in the form of a conference abstract or as part of a published lecture or thesis for an academic qualification. Furthermore, your work is not currently under consideration, in the same or different languages, for publication elsewhere, and its publication is approved by all authors and responsible authorities where the work was carried out. It is highly important that if an acceptance is offered, your work will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English, or any other language, including electronically without the written consent of JICC as the copyright holder.
- The submitted manuscripts will be processed with the understanding that, upon acceptance, the authors will transfer the copyright of the article to the publisher.
- The submitted materials may be considered for inclusion but cannot be returned.
How to Work in Online System (http://jicc.kgut.ac.ir):
- Register in the system by completing the registration form.
- Get a password by your email.
- Login with your username and password.
- Click on the Submit Paper or Author button to see your homepage.
- To submit an article, click on Submit a New Manuscript (to complete all the submission steps are required except Additional Comments and Cover Letter & Checklist, so upload your main text file (*.Doc, *.Docx), then click on submit the manuscript. (If they comply with all the terms and conditions, it is possible to submit. Otherwise, it will not enable the Submit button.)